For the cocktail:
45ml Rogue Society Gin
10ml Dry Vermouth
45ml of Berry Cassis Tea Syrup
30ml (2tsp) Berry Compote or Jam
30ml Lemon Juice
1 Egg White
For the garnish:
Freeze-dried Berries or Edible Flowers
The Clover Club is a sour based cocktail that has a history that pre-dates the Prohibition era (the 1920’s). Enjoyed by members of the famous Philadelphia Gentlemen’s Club who gathered in the Bellevue-Straford Hotel from the early 1880’s this cocktail is traditionally slightly sweet and mostly sour.
Our Berry Cassis brings light and freshness to the cocktail and balances the hint of Dry Vermouth. This is the perfect cocktail for when you are feeling just that little bit fancy.
- Add all ingredients in a shaker and shake without ice to allow for the egg white to emulsify.
- Add ice to the shaker and shake again so the mixture chills. If you have used Berry Jam shake extra hard so there are no lumps.
- Fine strain, pour into your coupette and garnish.
* We use Free Range eggs from happy, healthy hens!
* To make the Tea Syrup, brew the tea as per instructions on our packaging and add sugar (honey, agave, coconut sugar or maple syrup) to sweeten to your desired taste.
“His eyes gleamed and his face lighted up. But, to the surprise of his hosts, he declined to gulp. This thing must be taken slowly. It was filled with a variety of flavours, and it must be tasted all the way down to the bottom of the glass. So he just sat and sipped that Clover Club Cocktail.” - Old Waldorf Bar Days
(New York: Aventine, 1931), P. 74)
Created in collaboration with Rogue Society Gin