GARDEN PEOPLE TEA CHOCOLATE VEGAN CUPCAKES
These tea-infused chocolate vegan chocolate cupcakes are irresistibly moist and beautiful to eat with the Garden People Tea sprinkled on the chocolate ganache.
CHOCOLATE VEGAN CUPCAKES
1 1⁄2 cups organic flour
1 cup organic cane sugar
1⁄4 cup organic cacao powder
1 tsp baking soda
1⁄2 tsp fine sea salt
1⁄4 cup + 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
1 tbsp organic apple cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup filtered water
1 tsp S+I x Karen Walker Garden People Tea
CHOCOLATE GANACHE170 grams good quality chocolate
1⁄2 cup organic coconut milk (approx. 120 ml)
HOW TO MAKE
CHOCOLATE VEGAN CUPCAKS
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C, line a cupcake tray with baking cups and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine organic flour, sugar, cacao powder, baking soda and sea salt.
3. Infuse S+I x Karenwalker Garden People Tea in water for 5 minutes, remove tea leaves.
4. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour in the grapeseed oil, apple cider vinegar and water with a spatula, and fold through until the mixture is smooth.
5. Apple cider vinegar and acidic ingredients will start reacting together as soon as mixed; bubbles will appear—so acting quickly, equally divide the batter over the baking cups and place the tray in your oven.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until a knife inserted in the central cupcake comes out lightly touched (not clean). Let cupcakes cool completely before applying chocolate ganache.
2. Roughly chop the chocolate into thin shards; this makes the chocolate easier to melt, achieving a smoother ganache more easily.
5. Allow your ganache to cool to room temperature, and fold the mixture with a spatula every 5 minutes or so. Be patient, the ganache must be cooled slowly, or it can develop a greasy appearance.
9. If remaining, these chocolate cupcakes will keep up to 3 days in an airtight container.