MATCHA CHOCOLATE CAKE
This wholesome chocolate cake is made with Fairtrade dark chocolate and layered with a delicious vegan Matcha frosting.
1 ½ cups hot coffee
2 cups Fairtrade raw sugar
2 ½ cups organic unbleached spelt flour
1 ½ cups cocoa powder
2 tsp baking soda
¾ tsp baking powder
1 ¼ tsp salt
3 organic eggs
¾ cups coconut oil
1 ½ cups soy milk
1 tsp vanilla
75g vegan butter
3 Tbsp vegan butter
2 Tbsp Storm & India Power Matcha
How to Make
1. Prepare your tins, I used three 8” tins but you could bake the cake in one bigger tin. Preheat your oven to 150°C.
2. Place the chopped chocolate and sugar in a bowl, pour the hot coffee over the top and stir gently until the chocolate is melted.
3. Sift the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt together and whisk together.
4. Add the milk and oil followed by the cracked egg, whisk to combine.
5. Pour the wet into the dry and stir together.
6. When just combined, split the mixture between your tins, cook for 20 minutes for small tins, up to an hour for large.
7. Add the all the frosting ingredients into a bowl, stir on a low speed until combined.
8. When the cakes are cool, place one layer of cake on you plate, spread 1/3 of your frosting evenly on the cake, repeat until the final layer.
9. Sieve with 1 tablespoon Storm & India Power Matcha powder, garnish with seasonal berries.