SIENA SPICE COOKIES
Spiced Cookies is a delicious vegan recipe perfect for afternoon tea. Infused with the comforting warmth of Siena Spice, we use oat flour, almond meal, and coconut oil as staple ingredients.
1 ¼ cup oat flour
½ cup almond meal
½ tsp baking powder
3 tbs coconut sugar
2 tbs Storm&India Sienna Spice tea
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of pink Himalayan salt
3 tbs maple syrup
2 tbs coconut oil
¼ cup plant based milk
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax seed + 3 tbsp water)
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
2. In a blender or coffee grinder, blitz the Sienna Spice tea until it is fine and has a fine texture.
3. Pass through a sieve and add it to a mixing bowl along with the other dry ingredients.
4. Combine coconut oil and maple syrup in saucepan on a low heat.
5. Once melted, take it off heat and add to dry ingredients along with vanilla extract, flax egg and almond milk.
6. Mix well until combined and a cookie dough texture is achieved.
7. Taking about 1 tablespoon of mixture at a time, roll into balls and place on a baking tray.
8. Flatten the balls using the palm or your hand or a fork and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden.