VEGAN CHOCOLATE TARTS
This is a simply beautiful recipe, the filling is a hot water ganache made with Storm + India Coconut Chai. Hot water ganache isn’t as well known about as its creamy sibling but I prefer it. With out the richness of the cream, subtle flavour notes are much easier detected in the chocolate, in this case, its the tea.
170g whole almonds or almond meal
20g cacao powder
25 ml maple syrup
50g melted coconut oil
250g dairy free dark chocolate
100ml hot water
50g Storm + India Coconut Chai
How to Make
1. If using whole almonds, pulse in your food processor until a fine crumb is achieved.
2. Pour the almond meal into a large bowl, sift in the cacao and add the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine.
3. Divide the dough between your tart tins, alternatively you could make one large tart.
4. Press the dough into the tins, try and make the thickness even. Place the cases in the refrigerator until needed.
1. Using a tea pot or bowl, pour the hot water over the tea leaves and allow them to steep for 10 minutes.
2. While the tea is steeping, set up your double boiler. Place a bowl over a pot of simmering water, break the chocolate up and place it into the bowl, strain the tea over the chocolate and using a spatula, gently fold the two together until smooth.
3. Once smooth remove from the heat and set aside to allow the chocolate to cool.
4. Once the chocolate has cooled, divide the filling between the tart cases.
5. Sprinkle over cacao nib and edible flowers.
6. Refrigerate to set.